OTHforums4fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OTHforums4fans

All your latest news and discussion on the hit TV show One Tree Hill

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]

Go down 
+2
Laura
Kirstie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirstie
NH Club President
Kirstie

This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Empty
PostSubject: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]   This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:15 am

I started to post this ages ago, but had major writers block and stopped. So, I'm gonna start posting it again, chapter by chapter and will hopefully start writing again!

... let me know what you think!

K... x

Disclaimer: OTH and its characters do not belong to me. Neither does the song quoted in this chapter. Its ‘The Pieces Don’t Fit Anymore’ by James Morrison.

Please take the time to let me know what you think. This story will contain multiple flashbacks which will be in italics! Xx

This Wasn’t Supposed to Happen

Chapter One – The Pieces Don’t Fit Anymore

A huge smile swept across Haley James’ face as she looked at her baby son. All black hair and blue eyes, he was exactly like his daddy. This boy was going to be a heartbreaker.

“Hey” A voice spoke softly behind her, as she reached into the crib, smoothing her finger down the soft delicate skin of her son’s hand.

Turning to acknowledge the new figure to enter her baby boy’s room, she responded. “Hey yourself.”

“Is he still awake?”

Haley laughed. “Yup, he’s wide awake. All blue eyes. Waiting for a good night kiss from you I think.”

“Oh, really?” Nathan Scott smirked, his eyes full of delight. “Hey little man” he continued. “Did you want a goodnight kiss from your daddy?” Putting his training bag down, Nathan walked to the crib and leaned into it, kissing his son lightly on the forehead.

“Ah he’s all about his Daddy” Haley laughed, loving to watch the interaction between Nathan and their son.

Backing away from the crib, Nathan wrapped his arms around Haley’s waist, pulling her tight against him.

“Hey” Haley smirked. “Look.”

Nathan and Haley both looked over at their son, as his eyes began to slowly close, he was fighting the tiredness that was about to consume him.

“Oh I’m good” Nathan softly spoke, before turning to his girl. “So many talents” he laughed, arching an eyebrow.

Haley’s eyed widened. “Talents? Talents?!” She questioned. “I’ve not seen the evidence of any of these ‘talents’?”

Nathan pulled Haley even closer to him, brushing his lips past hers, teasing her. “Well Miss James, I think we’ve got evidence of my ‘talents’ right there.” Motioning toward the crib, Haley laughed.

“Well Nathan Scott, can I see some more?” Haley moved her arms, and wrapped them tightly around his neck, pulling him forward until their lips met.

“Hell yeah” Nathan replied, lifting his girl up and out of their son’s room.

“Baby” Haley giggled “I’m not sure he’d have known what we were up to”

“Oh really?” Nathan’s famous smirk spread across his face, as he pushed Haley against the wall of the hallway. “The screaming would’ve woken him.”

“Screaming?” Haley was laughing again. “Nathan Scott you are so sure of yourself”

Nathan’s hands began to trace their way down Haley’s back, under her shirt. “We’ll see who’s right” he mouthed, before pushing her lips against Haley’s, kissing her with so much love and passion.

“Haley?”

“Haley?”

“Haley, sweetheart? It’s me.” Brooke’s voice shook Haley from her dream.

“I brought Tyler to see you” Brooke lifted Haley and Nathan’s son in his car seat and placed it on the chair between them. “He’s missing you”

Haley shrugged, turning away from her son.

“Hales, come on honey. I know this is awful, we’re all so torn, but Tyler needs you.”

Haley turned to face Brooke. Mascara lines were all down her face, the pain in her heart so visible in her eyes.

“Brooke, take him out of here. Now.” Haley didn’t look at her son. Her voice was cold and without emotion.

“Haley, please. He’s been crying so hard. He needs his mom. We’re all so upset, we just don’t know how to comfort him.”

Haley’s emotions surfaced, and tears began to roll down her cheeks. “He needs his mom?!” Her voice was raised and pained. “No Brooke, he needs his daddy. That’s what he needs, that’s what I need.” Haley was hysterical. Yet more tears streaming down her already tear stained face.

Brooke stood up, and tried to hug her friend, but Haley pushed her away.

“He’s a baby Brooke. It’s not rocket science. Take him out of here.”

Brooke looked deep into Haley’s eyes. She’d never seen her so cold, so empty.

“Ok. Well, Peyton and I are going to take him to Karen’s. Try and settle him. Ok?”

“Whatever.” Haley couldn’t turn to look at Brooke, the sight of her friend only made her hurt more.

Leaning forward, Brooke kissed her best friend’s forehead. “We all love you” she whispered. Before picking up the car seat, and its precious cargo, and leaving the room.

Haley’s eyes watched Brooke and her baby leave, before turning back to the other figure in the room, the cold hospital room.

I've been twisting and turning, in a space that's too small
I've been drawing the line and watching it fall
You've been closing me in, closing the space in my heart
Watching us fading and watching it all fall apart

Haley shuffled back in her chair, pulling the blanket draped over her further over her face. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes. Desperately wondering how it had come to this. How her perfect world had crumbled around her, in just a few tiny moments.

Well I can't explain, why it's not enough
So I gave it all to you
and if you leave me now
Oh just leave me now
It's the better thing to do
It's time to surrender
It's been too long pretending
There's no use in trying
When the pieces don't fit anymore
The pieces don't fit here anymore

Leaning toward the bed that sat next to her, Haley took the figure’s hand.

“Nathan?” Haley fought through her tears to speak. “Nathan? Baby? Ty is missing you. I’m missing you.” Haley’s voice broke with tears. “Come back to me? Nate, I don’t work without you.”

You pulled me under, I had to give in
Such a beautiful mess, that’s breaking my skin
Well I hide all the bruises, I hide all the damage that’s done
But I'll show how I'm feeling, until all the feeling has gone

Haley closed her eyes, her hand still firmly gripping Nathan’s, trying desperately to remember. Trying to shake herself from the nightmare she was living.

Haley turned over in her sleep, reaching her arm out to Nathan. She found nothing but empty bed. Lifting her head, she opened her eyes, scanning the room for Nathan.

“Nate?” She shouted, confused in her sleepy state. “Nathan?”

No reply. Immediately she thought the worst. Jumping out of the bed they shared, she began to run toward their son’s room. “Nathan?” She continued to yell as she became increasingly concerned.

Then she saw it. She’d never forget the image. She found her boys, both sound asleep. Tyler in his crib and Nathan on the floor next to him, his hand jammed through the wooden spars, grasping his son’s tiny hand in his.

Haley melted. There they were her family, her life. Walking into the room she lay on the floor next to Nathan. Inching her body closer to his, he moaned; still sound asleep, before wrapping his arm around her tiny waist.

b]Well I can't explain, why it's not enough
Coz I gave it all to you

And if you leave me now
Oh just leave me now
It's the better thing to do
Well it's time to surrender
It's too long pretending
There's no use in trying
The pieces don't fit here anymore[/b]

Haley opened her eyes, taking a huge breath when she was faced with her reality. He lay there, so motionless, cuts over his face and down his arms. Haley couldn’t make sense of it, it didn’t make sense. He’d been there this morning, his usual self, laughing and joking, smirking away in the way only he could. But now, now he’d gone and left a shell, a broken shell.

Oh don't misunderstand, how I feel
Coz I've tried, yes I've tried
Still I don't know why
No I don't know why, I don't know why
Why I can't explain, why it's not enough
I gave it all to you and if you leave me now
just leave me now it's the better thing to do
Well it's time to surrender
It's been too long pretending
There's no use in trying

“Don’t leave me Nate. Baby, don’t leave me?”

Brooke re-entered the waiting area, Tyler in hand. Luke and Peyton sat, upset and waiting, Waiting on news, waiting to wake up, similarly praying that this was little more than a bad dream.

Luke stood up, taking the heavy car seat from Brooke. “Well?” he asked. “How is she?”

“Broken” Brooke replied. Kneeling down to meet Tyler’s face in his seat she looked right into his eyes, her own welling with tears.

“This was never supposed to happen this way, not to them” She spoke, reaching for Tyler’s tiny hand.

Last edited by Kirstie on Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laura
Owner
Laura

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]   This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:04 am

Oooh Kirstie i love it, its so sad! amazing!

Tyler?, cute name! lol when i first read it i was like "wait thats Chris's Real name" haha Very Happy:D
Back to top Go down
https://othforums4fans.darkbb.com
Maryam
Maryam

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]   This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:01 pm

I hope you get inspired to continue this fic, cause you know how much I love it!
Don't mind reading it all over again though! Wink
Back to top Go down
ashleytisdale10121
ashleytisdale10121

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]   This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

PLEASE UD IT SOON!
Back to top Go down
Kirstie
NH Club President
Kirstie

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]   This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:06 am

Disclaimer: OTH and its characters do not belong to me. Neither does the song quoted in this chapter. Its ‘Raise the Fire to the Third Bar’ by Snow Patrol.

Thanks guys for the reviews - Please take the time to let me know what you think. This story will contain multiple flashbacks which will be in italics! Xx

This Wasn’t Supposed to Happen

Chapter Two – Raise The Fire to the Third Bar

“Little donkey little donkey on the dusty road, got to keep on plodding onwards with your precious load.” Brooke sang off key, but softly, to a tiny restless Tyler.

“Hey” A voice spoke behind her. Brooke turned quickly.

“Oh hey” She responded, her face flushing red with embarrassment. “I can’t believe you heard me sing.” She paused, taking a deep breath, before continuing. “I guess ‘Auntie Brooke’ isn’t all that ‘child friendly’, Its July and Christmas songs is all I got.” Brooke laughed, but it was insincere. Her laugh half hearted and filled with pain.

Lucas sat down next to her, on the floor beside Tyler’s crib. “It’s ok to admit your hurting Brooke.” He spoke so calmly. “I know I am.”

“He’s your brother, he’s Haley’s boyfriend, Practically Peyton’s brother in law.” Pausing, Brooke took a deep breath, struggling to say her next thought. “Tyler’s dad.” Luke closed his eyes. Finding Brooke’ last words difficult to hear. She continued, “It’s your right to be sad. Not mine.” Brooke choked back tears.

“He’s your friend, Brooke. It’s your right too.” Luke’s words hit hard with Brooke.

Full of tears she could barely speak. “I…I…” Tears won the battle, she couldn’t find the words.

“Brooke” Lucas leaned toward her, kissing her forehead. “It’s ok”

“No” Finally wiping her tears away, Brooke challenged Lucas. “No Lucas, no its not. Nathan is in hospital, Haley’s a mess. And look, look at Tyler. He needs his mom, his dad. Not his useless Auntie Brooke and her rubbish Christmas songs.”

Lucas was fighting his own emotion. Brooke was right, it wasn’t ok. There was no part of this situation that was good or ok. Looking at his watch, he took a deep breath. 4pm. It had only been six hours. And things weren’t ok.

Brooke shook her head, and wiped her tears. “Whatever our pain Luke, Tyler needs us. You should have seen her. Haley couldn’t even look at him.”

Luke turned to his nephew, looking at his tiny figure. “Could you?” he spoke, as Brooke also turned. Tyler lay staring at the two adults beside him, a mass of black hair and piercing eyes, he was all Nathan.

Brooke let out a deep breath, and took Tyler’s tiny fingers in her hand. “I’ve got you little guy. Auntie Brooke’s here. Mummy loves you so much, but she can’t be here right now. So…” Brooke paused again, desperately searching for composure. “So… I’m going to do this for her.”

Lucas breathed in deeply, closing his eyes tightly. Quickly he got up and left the room, unable to cope with the way he felt.

On the outside of the door, he placed his head against the wall, as the tears began to fall.

“Oh my god, Nathan? NATHAN!” Haley was wide awake and screaming. “Nate, Nate!” She began to shake the broad body that slept soundly next to her.

“Nathan Scott!” She yelled. “Nathan, baby? Wake up!” Her voice was screeching. Nathan began to stir.

“Hmm…” he moaned, without opening his eyes. “Baby, its sleep time. What’s the matter?”

“Sleep time?” Haley’s voice flooded with a mixture of laughter and anger. “Ok then Nathan, you sleep. I’ll just go have your baby by myself.”

Nathan shot up in bed, eyes wide open. “What?” he shouted, turning to look at Haley, sat up next to him, looking quite relaxed, laughing and rubbing her, now rather large, belly.

“Are you kidding?” Nathan began rubbing his eyes, blatantly not impressed.

Haley laughed. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t help it. You get to sleep so soundly, and I have to put up with your son, wiggling and kicking.” Haley pouted in a way only she could. “Do you want to be the pregnant one for a bit?”

Nathan’s anger disappeared as he began to smile at his girl. “I would if I could you know.” Nathan flashed a smirk at Haley, pulling her towards him.

Haley shrugged. “No you wouldn’t. Liar. You wouldn’t want to be fat and bloated, all chubby. All fat ankles and so not sexy. That’s what I am.”

Nathan laughed. “Haley James, did you wake me up at” Nathan turned to look at his alarm clock. “4am, just so I’d tell you I loved you? And that I think you’re gorgeous?”

Haley coughed.

“And sexy! Of course you’re sexy Hales. Even now.”

Haley’s pout intensified. “Even now?! What do you mean even?” Her voice was raised.

“You know what I mean. I mean...” Nathan was flustered, knowing if he said the wrong thing he could set of Haley. Recently she had been a hormonal time bomb. “I mean, you’re still sexy, you’re always sexy. Of course you are.”

Haley giggled, sensing Nathan’s discomfort. “Yeah, Ok.”

Nathan lifted Haley’s chin and kissed her lips tenderly. “I love you Haley James.” Nathan leaned down to meet with Haley’s seven month old baby bump. “I love you too wee one. How about you give your mom some rest?”

Haley laughed. “Not likely.”

“Oh yeah? You care to place a bet on that one?” Nathan snuggled down with Haley, pulling her even closer to him. “Bet daddy can get him to sleep.” Moving his hand to Haley’s bump, Nathan began to gently rub it, soothing both baby and Haley.

A huge smile swept across Haley James’ face, as she began to fall into a deep sleep. “Nate?” She spoke, barely able to keep her eyes open.

“Yes?” he answered.

“You’re it for me. Never leave me.”

Nathan also smiled. “Promise.”

Haley James sat staring intently into thin air. She’d stopped crying, as if there were no more tears left, only memories, real, vivid, now painful memories. But not even they could warm the cold air that occupied the grey hospital room. Haley sat motionless, grasping an unconscious Nathan’s hand, with all her strength; all her hope.

Had it been a lifetime since things were perfect? Or just six short hours?

“Hey” A voice soothed Haley from sleep to the real world. “Hey baby?”

“Nate.” Haley woke to see her man leaning over her. “Baby, it’s early.”

Nathan laughed, recently, Haley loved to sleep late. “I know baby, I’m going to go for a run. Ty’s awake but happy. He’s had a bottle.”

Haley rolled over. “Ok… love you.” Haley fell into her deep sleep again.

Nathan smiled. Kissing her on the forehead and placing the baby monitor on the pillow, Nathan Scott left for a morning run.

I find the map and draw a straight line
Over rivers, farms, and state lines
The distance from 'A' to where you'd be
It's only finger-lengths that I see
I touch the place where I'd find your face
My finger in creases of distant dark places

Haley woke to the sound of her eight month old baby, gurgling and singing, contently enjoying his own company. Stretching her arm out, she remembered Nathan’s goodbye, just a few minutes before.

“Tyler!” Haley began to shout, climbing out of bed and walking to her son’s room. “Tyler, baby. Want to play with mommy?” Walking toward her son’s crib, Haley reached into it and picked up her baby boy.

“Woah baby” she spoke. “Could you look any more like you’re daddy?”

Haley turned on the radio, beginning to sway Tyler in her arms to the music

I hang my coat up in the first bar
There is no peace that I've found so far
The laughter penetrates my silence
As drunken men find flaws in science

Haley stopped dead, confusion flushing through her mind. She read the clock. And read it again. 10.53am.

Their words mostly noises
Ghosts with just voices
Your words in my memory
Are like music to me

Haley ran to the phone and picked it up, dialing a familiar number.

“Hey you’ve reached Nathan Scott, leave a message.”

Haley took a deep breath. “Babe, it’s me. You’ve been out for ages? Bit worried. You know me, worrying all the time. Come home. Ty and I are gonna make pancakes.”

Haley hung up the phone, placing the receiver against her forehead.

I'm miles from where you are,
I lay down on the cold ground
I, I pray that something picks me up
And sets me down in your warm arms

Haley looked at the clock again. 11.02am. Where was he?

After I have travelled so far
We'd set the fire to the third bar
We'd share each other like an island
Until exhausted, close our eyelids
And dreaming, pick up from
The last place we left off
Your soft skin is weeping
A joy you can't keep in

And I, I pray that something picks me up
and sets me down in your warm arms

Picking up the phone again, Haley dialed another familiar number.

“Hey?”

A deep voice answered.

“Luke, it’s me. Have you heard from Nate? He went out running really early this morning? Its just he’s not back yet. Am I being silly? I’m being silly aren’t I?”

Lucas laughed at the other end of the phone.

“Oh wait” Haley spoke before Lucas had a chance. “That’s call waiting, told you I was being silly, that’ll be him. Love you Uncle Luke.”

Haley switched the line.

“Hey baby” she spoke. “Where are you?”

There was a long pause.

“Miss James?”

“Yes?” Haley spoke nervously.

“Miss James, I’m calling from Tree Hill ER. There’s been an accident.”

and I, I pray that something picks me up
and sets me down in your warm arms.
Back to top Go down
ashleytisdale10121
ashleytisdale10121

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]   This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:42 pm

Great stor. UD soon
Back to top Go down
QueenMaryl

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]   This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:34 pm

You know I'm a fan of this fic. I'm glad you're starting it up again.

No worries, I'll send you the proper Ray quote soon.
Back to top Go down
JammerRocks
JammerRocks

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]   This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Loving it Kirst - can't wait to read more!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]   This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Wasn't Supposed To Happen [Ch2]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OTHforums4fans :: Fan Corner :: Fan-Fic-
Jump to: